Training a puppy is not so easy. It requires a lot of time and patience. Check out what this adorable Yellow Lab puppy named Kahlua has been trained to do right before dinner. While we are pretty sure the puppy does not understand the importance of praying, he certainly does understand the importance of kneeling. Kahlua gets his little treats by doing so. He is simply a darling!
Fun facts about training a dog:
- Pups by instinct follow pack leaders. Pack leaders, by definition, are the ones who lead and are strong. If the owner can show similar traits, it is much easier to train the pup. Start today, become your puppy’s pack leader and demonstrate those leadership qualities.
- Sit and stand are the most common commands. Roll is apparently the least followed command by any dog.
- Walk your dog often. We recommend at least once a day if possible. The pup starts seeing you as a pack leader when you do so. Additionally, puppies enjoy walks anyway and absolutely need the exercise too. So lets keep going!
- Pups do not have bladder control at least until they reach the age of 3-4 months. So start the potty training at the age of 3-4 months. It is one of the most stressful timings on your training calendar so good luck with that.
- Do not punish your pup during obedience training. Puppies are cute. Why would you punish them? Positive reinforcement is the best way to tackle it. It makes the training enjoyable for your pup as well. They also tend to learn quickly through positive reinforcement making your life easier and fun for your guests as they get to play with a well behaved puppy.
Like, Share & Comment if you enjoyed watching this video. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to contribute articles to our website.