We’ve all seen videos capturing women being harassed by men while walking through the streets of some top cities. The video named ‘Walking in NYC as a Woman’ shot by YouTube user Rob Bliss Creative went viral with more than 42 million people from across the world viewing it. The video shows the daily troubles that women go through. A similar video was recently shot in Apna Hyderabad and to our surprise (or maybe not!), there was not a single derogatory comment passed at the woman. Another reason to be a proud Hyderabadi.
Fun Facts about Hyderabad:
- Hyderabad is the fourth populous city in the Country and has a population of 6.7 million. The urban population of Hyderabad is ~8 million.
- Did you know that Rashtrapati Nilayam is the Winter Office of the President of India?
- Hyderabad is the joint Capital of two different States: Telangana & Andhra Pradesh
- Hyderabad is home to the Telugu Film Industry, the country’s second largest movie industry.
- It is also called the City of Pearls due the presence of the Pearls trading industry.
- Biggest contributors for the economic growth of this City is Pharma, IT & Bio-Tech. The GDP of Hyderabad is $74 billion dollars (5th largest in the country)
- The official language of this city is Telugu & Urdu. Majority of the Hyderabadis are fluent Hindi speakers (Local Hyderabadi dialect). Aa gaye tumhare aaware dosta?
- 13% of the Hyderabadis live below the poverty line
- Hyderabad was originally home to the Koh-i-noor Diamond. Origin: Kollur Mine, Andhra Pradesh
- First attempt to erect the Buddha statue was a failure due to an incident which resulted in the statue lying submerged in the Hussain Sagar lake for 2 years.
Like, share & comment if you enjoyed watching this video. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have similar stories that you would like to share.
The writer is a Pakka Hyderabadi !