Here is what happens when you strap a camera to an Eagle and release it from the top of a 829.8 meters high building. Yes, we are talking about the one and only Burj Khalifa. Freedom conservation is an organization that was founded by World renowned Falconer Jacques-Oliver Traverse & developed by partnering with world renowned conservationist Ronald Menzel. Their goal is to introduce birds born & raised in captivity back to the wild by trying to help them adapt to the nature. This gives the birds a better opportunity for both survival and reproduction. While it is unclear how releasing a bird from the top of the Burj Khalifa and having it glide down to the Falconer is helping the bird. We believe it is an attempt to gain media attention to help with their conservation efforts.
Fun facts about Eagles:
- It is a common name give to large prey birds. They belong to the Accipitridae family.
- There are more than 70 species of Eagles in Europe, Asia & Africa, North Americas & Australia combined. Americas & Australia combined together have only 12 of these species.
- Eagles are ranked at the top of the food chain due to their size and power.
- Most eagles hunt without while they’re still in flight. They carry their prey to the perch and then tear them apart.
- Eagles are divided into 4 families: Snake Eagles, Booted Eagles, Fish Eagles & Harpy Eagles
- Eagles are worshipped & they are believed to have significant importance in different religions.
- Comparisons are always drawn between Eagles & Lions. While the Lion is considered the King of Beasts, the Eagle is considered the King of Birds.
- Eagles are closely associated with the Holy Roman Empire.
- In Hinduism, the Eagle is Lord Vishnu’s vahanam (conveyance)
- Eagles typically hunt ducks, smaller birds, snakes, rabbits, frogs, fawn, snails, rats & fish.
Continue watching our video…..
Like, Share & Comment if you enjoyed this article. If you would like to contribute to this website, send your articles to firstname.lastname@example.org