Ever since the dawn of the science fiction films, everybody has been wanting to ride flying cars and driverless cars. Well, the day is not very far when dreams are not just dreams anymore! Dubai introduced its very first auto driven taxis that do not need any drivers to chauffeur you safely to your desired location. Check out the video that became viral to get a clear glimpse of what these auto-bots can do.
Despite just being launched, it is widely used among all types and generations of people; from kids to elderly, from corporate employees to school students. These car are not just safe but absolutely reliable as well.
With an auto mechanised voice service and a vivid map of the area you are travelling to, there is no more the frustration of guiding your cab driver through streets and alleys. All you need is to sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. With a well fitted virtual display appearing on the window, commuters can also opt for choosing the area they want to travel through. Pretty sci-fi indeed!
Let’s check out some more facts about the taxi that is too hip to be driven by a human:
- Japan was the first country in the entire world to come up with the prototype of robot taxis. From March 2016, they have started to ferry 50 residents of the large coastal town of Fujisawa from their residences to supermarkets. This is mainly done keeping in mind the country’s growing elderly population, and the growing shortage of capable drivers.
- Japan is planning to use the 2020 Tokyo Olympics to show off their latest innovation i.e,. driverless cars
- The Dubai Company behind the debut has targeted the driverless car for the disabled and has promised it would serve as an equal commuting service for them.
- Dubbed as TaxiBot, the driverless cars can accommodate over 8 people including 2 disabled persons. The cab is designed in such a way that it can operate in large areas, airports, buildings, parks, malls and other such common commute locations.
- The Google driven cars are for the time being only being launched for operation within the parameters of the above mentioned commute locations.
- What makes the cab extremely safe to commute in is that it extensively uses sensors on top as well as on all sides of the vehicle. This would help in avoiding all sorts of collisions. And since they are driven by electricity, these auto taxis need to be charged for only about three to four hours for a full service of about six to eight hours straight on.