In a mood to groove? Then you must definitely check out this video of a Canadian High school dance teacher, Shirley Clements, a 60 year old, dancing her heart out to Bruno Mars’ ‘Uptown Funk’ with her students for a hip hop dance competition. It sure serves as an inspiration and gets you all set to burn the dance floor on fire.
“Oh no, I cannot dance” or “I don’t like dancing”, is unacceptable. Dancing is a way of expressing your heart out. Age is just a number and the lady in this the video proves it!
Dancing is not only a form of recreation but also has a lot of health benefits. Here are some of them.
- Burn those calories: If you are too lazy to hit the gym or work out, dancing is the best way to burn calories. Select your favourite music and burn that fat away. Apart from that, it is a great way to increase your stamina. Fitness and fun in one go!
- Master Mind: Yes, you heard it right! You could just become a genius by dancing. Studies have said that recalling the dance steps, routines, and patterns is a great mental exercise. It keeps the mind fresh and alert at all times.
- Cholesterol Control: Dancing improves blood circulation in the body and can control diabetes and other diseases. Let me make this simple for you. Our body has good cholesterol and bad cholesterol. Dancing increases the good cholesterol level and decreases the latter making you fit.
- Cultural Diversity: This is not exaggeration, but there are hundreds of dance forms around the globe. You could pick any dance form of your choice and master the art while getting to know people from different parts of the world.
- A Happy You: Last but not the least. Dancing makes you a happier person! That’s no kidding; dancing elevates the endorphin levels, the substance present in body that decreases stress and depression. See, scientifically proven!
So what are you waiting for? Let’s dance, shall we?